Thursday 6 October 2011

Pregnant? Us? YES!


Today we saw our child for the very first time.  It was so much more than I expected.  Our baby was moving, responding to the outside world (junior wouldn't get into position for some measurements, but we certainly saw the after effects of my wife's very best hula-hooping!), had an umbilical cord connected to mummy, a heartbeat and, this was amazing, the hiccups!  I'm not sure anything could have prepared me for seeing our child moving about.  And the key word there is - OUR.  I could have watched all the You Tube videos, looked at all the Google images and talked to all the experienced parents in the world and they would not have prepared me for viewing my child for the first time.  Our baby is alive, is growing and is most definitely there.

Junior is 5.5cm long, approximately 11 weeks and six days old and due on the 20th April.  No longer is he a kiddie bean sized bundle of cells; he is a foetus that is interacting with his environment.  I have been able to tell people (and believe me since 12:30 today I have told A LOT of people!) and talk about the fact I'm going ot be a dad.  She has all her limbs, a nose, an active lifestyle and a busy few months ahead of her.

I won't see him for another eight weeks.  And already I'm missing him.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations it's a fabulous feeling isn't it. it's a shame that you guys don't get more scans over there (every four weeks where I gave birth) but I guess that makes the scans you have even more special.

    By the time the next one comes around your other half will possibly be able to feel your baby moving round, and it won't be long after that that you will be able to feel him yourself.

    I miss being pregnant.

    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete